Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fancy Flower

Spring is ALMOST here. I can feel it, kind of. I love these semi-warm days when you can crack open a few windows and air out the house a bit. I am ready for warmer weather.

Here's another card I did at Stamp Club last month. I love these easel cards. What a neat way for the card "receiver" to display your handiwork. I found the tutorial HERE at Splitcoaststampers. I could not figure out the folding until an hour before club and I decided that I better watch the video tutorial. POW - it clicked and worked. Phewwww. . . I am so spatially challenged, so the video tutorials work best for me. I was going to look very BAD in front of my club ladies, if I didn't figure it out. My mom always said my name should've been, Lucy, as in "last-minute Lucy." Hee, hee. Some things never change. I found another great video tutorial on how to make the "poofy" flowers HERE. These are just so much fun. I am submitting this card for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge, which is anything Spring. I absolutely adore Peonies and this little flower reminds me of them. So big and poofy. . . Nothing more says Spring than butterflies and big poofy flowers. Later. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY RECIPE:

Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Stamps: Kindred Spirits
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Old Olive, Kraft, vellum and Cottage Wall DSP
Accessories: paper-piercing tool, mat pack, uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Scallop Circle Punch, brad, Scallop Punch, Build-a-Brad, Large Oval Punch and Hemp Twine
Big Shot: Lots of Tags and Beautiful Wings die cuts


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful easel card - great spring colors! Thanks for playing at PPA!

    ReplyDelete